When hosting a gathering or even just a regular meal, decorating your dining area with cloth napkins makes a huge difference. These cotton napkins are an inexpensive way to bring color and warmth into your dining area. They are also incredibly versatile because you can use them for wiping up spills, as placemats, or just as decoration.
Indeed, nothing makes a table setting more elegant than a cloth napkin because even the most basic meals are improved by a lovely napkin aesthetic. It may sound like a lot of work to maintain a selection of cloth napkins for all of your meals, but once you try it, you’ll wonder what took you so long.
So in today's blog, we are going to discuss the advantages and practicality of utilizing cotton napkins. Get a set of cotton napkins ready, and let's start!
Planning out napkin usage at home
Many people consider reusable cloth napkins to be a burden and only use them for special occasions or dinner events. But what if we treated each day as a special occasion and took advantage of it to help the environment?
We became more conscious of our everyday routines after seeing how much paper we waste just cooking and eating a basic meal. Thank goodness, options are wider than ever. This simple approach will assist you in making the move to sustainable napkin solutions, which are simpler to implement than you would believe.
There are a few straightforward guidelines to follow when using reusable napkins to maximize your investment. You can put cloth napkins that are currently in use in a special napkin ring or basket as many individuals don't feel the need to wash them after every meal.
When it comes time to wash your environmentally friendly napkins, use cold water and line dry to save energy. You can also decide to make your own napkins out of leftover fabric, old clothes, towels, or sheets. This avoids the need to make a fresh purchase and keeps additional items from going to the landfill.
After learning about the importance of utilizing cloth napkins, deciding the kind of fabric to use is also very much crucial in making sure that napkins last. Time and time again, cotton has been proven to be the best kind of napkin because of its texture and absorption capacity.
Now, it's time for us to go through the best cotton napkin characteristics and their various benefits to help us understand cotton cloth napkins even more.
Cotton napkins bulk: If you are looking to buy large quantities of cotton napkins, then we would recommend buying them in bulk. This is because they will be cheaper than if you bought them individually. You can also find some nice deals on wholesale cotton napkins.
Cotton napkin size: Cotton napkin size can vary depending on what type of tablecloth you have or what your needs are. If you want to buy a pack of 12, then we would recommend going with an 18x18" size or 20x20" size. The latter is more suitable for those.
How to fold a napkin?
Napkin folding is a great way to add some flair to your dinner table. It doesn't take much time and it can be done in advance so you don't have to worry about it when guests arrive.
There are many ways to fold napkins, but the most common are the following:
- Fold 1: Fold the napkin in half lengthwise, then fold again in half widthwise, then tuck one end into the other end.
- Fold 2: Fold the napkin in thirds, then tuck one end into the other end.
- Fold 3: Fold the napkin so that there is a long edge and a short edge on either side of it. Then fold both ends toward each other, tucking one edge under the other edge.
Other ways to fold a napkin in style
While it may seem a bit challenging at first, once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do this fan fold effortlessly on any table. It looks exquisite on any surface.
- A huge square napkin should be folded in half to form a rectangle.
- Fold the napkin into one-inch accordion pleats, starting at the short end and stopping approximately four inches from the long end. Make sure that all of the pleats are beneath and that the fold of the final pleat is at the bottom edge.
- Half of the pleats will now be on top of the napkin after folding it lengthwise in half.
- To create a triangle, lower the upper left corner and tuck it beneath the middle pleat.
- When you let go, the pleats should fan out. To ensure that the fan stands straight, adjust the folds and rear triangle as necessary.
- Just keep them folded up (not spread out) and put them in a basket or container if you wish to fold these fans in advance for your next celebration. When you're ready, lay flowers on your place setting and see how beautifully they fan out.
The flatware that is packed for easy grabbing is a terrific option if you're organizing a buffet-style party. Additionally, you may completely personalize the appearance of this napkin fold using a bow and string.
- With roughly a third of the fabric still visible at the bottom, arrange a set of silverware diagonally on the napkin. Overlap the cutlery with the bottom corner.
- Over the cutlery, fold the napkin's left side. Following that, fold the opposite side over and tuck the edge under.
- With a bow or thread, firmly bind the bundle approximately halfway down.
Let your gorgeous napkin rings sparkle if you have some! This straightforward fold makes your preferred tabletop items stand out (but this fold is pretty chic too).
- Put a square of cloth napkin on a flat surface, the wrong side up. To create a rectangle, fold in the two edges, thereby folding the napkin into thirds.
- When forming the lower border of the rectangle, fold the upper left corner down to the middle.
- Turn the napkin over and create a tube by rolling two of the edges towards the middle. Lay the napkin down with the rolled edges on the underside.
- Cover the napkin with a napkin ring. Lack of napkin rings? Tie a ribbon around the middle using it.
Always remember that the first thing to know about folding a cotton napkin is that it doesn't have an exact pattern or way that it should be folded. The best way to fold your napkin is based on what you want it for and how much space you have on your table or countertop.
Overall, napkins are one of the most underrated and underutilized items in our kitchens. They serve a variety of purposes, from wiping up spills to cleaning up messes to just looking pretty as a table setting.
In addition, a cotton napkin is one of the most common types of napkins you will find in your local online stores. It is made from 100% cotton, so it is soft and absorbent and usually, these kinds of napkins are also available in different colors, patterns, and sizes.
Here at Jessy Lane, we carry a wide selection of cotton napkins and cloth napkins for your table. Whether you're looking for a simple, natural look or a more formal dinner setting, these hand-picked pieces are perfect for your home. Shop now!